Friday, 16 December 2011

Green progress!

Hi, Teresa here. I decided that a place to start with lessening my footprint was to convince the boys to walk to school more often. The main challenge was to get 5-year-old Alan to comply (and I'm a sap!) Day One, Alan was not happy! By the time we got to his classroom he said he didn't like me anymore! I said I understood. By the time I collected him at 3pm, all was forgotten and forgiven - until he realised we were were walking home!! Certainly this is an adjustment for the whole family, but I believe it's worth it. It's great that all of us in this household are becoming more aware of the petrol we use, of the cardboard we throw away, AND the cat food tins that end up in the trash!! (Seriously!) It's definite that habits are changing at number 9! :-)

1 comment:

  1. way to go...and also walking helps with fitness and probably you chat on the way to and from school.

    ReplyDelete